Thursday, December 13, 2012

I'm a sucker for a sunrise

Thumbing through my photos, particularly the quick ones I grab with my phone, I've come to realize I'm sort of a sucker for a sunrise.



This one just goes to show how distracted I get by a sunrise. I was taking this picture while standing over the doe I had just taken in 2009. It was the last day of the PA firearms season. We had been dumped on for the last 36 hours. As you can see even under the tree canopy there was a foot of snow. As a result, I decided to still hunt an east facing ridge. Sure enough 300 yards into the stalk I catch 2 doe feeding their way up the hill. I picked the bigger of the 2 and took my shot. As I got started field dressing her, I realized how beautiful the sunrise was and snapped off a picture.



This spot is my absolute favorite spot for spring gobbler. This view is at my favorite tree and shows why this spot has yielded more than a couple gobblers.  You see the roosting tree is over my shoulder. So if my calling is up to par, the birds will come in facing the sun. Giving me an extra layer of cover from their sharp eyes.



Finally a misty morning at my uncles cabin. This is mid July, but because the camp is near the top of the hill the fog is hanging thick in the trees. Just the perfect setting for a cup of coffee and a rock on the porch swing.


Happy Exploring
Scott M

No comments:

Post a Comment